Thursday, December 3, 2015

DBW issues

After getting the truck back from the body shop, I started hooking things up and I noticed that I have a Drive By Wire issue.  The throttle blade was not moving when the pedal was pressed and it was throwing a P2128 code (P2128 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit High Input).

I contacted the folks at Current Performance Wiring (the people that I bought the harness, computer, and pedal from and they nicely sent me a new Trailblazer SS (TBSS) pedal, stating that the corvette pedal I had would not work.

I hooked up the new pedal and no joy.  Actually, it started throwing more codes (P2138 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D/E Voltage Correlation).  I asked for a pinout diagram and they emailed one to me:



This matched the pinout on the connector.  I checked for continuity to the main harness (in case a connector was loose) and all was well.

I also ensured that the connections to the ECU where correct per instructions:
here is where each one of the pins go to in the computer C1 connector

A- tan   pin 35
B-LtBlue pin 49
C- purple pin 37
D- Brown pin 36
E-Dark Blue pin  47
F-white/black  pin   33

I this point I pulled out the corvette pedal and looked for part numbers.  I found one:  25835421.  The pedal is for a 2005-13 C6.  I needed to find the diagram for the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor to see if that matched up.  I found one:


This diagram told me that I needed to swap the Tan wire (position A) with the Purple Wire (position C).

Below is the harness after I remove the wires from their original position.


Below is the harness after I moved the wires to their new position.

I hooked up the pedal, turned the key, and I can hear the throttle blade move when I press on the pedal.  I haven't hooked the computer up yet, but I have a good feeling.

Couple of bonus photos...




2 comments:

  1. Rock on! I have to swap my pins today. I found this useful! Here's my swap https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B23R5ZxJFd0-Y1laRFpGQUk4Nkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMU9_YUzKeWExnMKbj2REcR-AnTtgNssdh8QCJxS489AvfPy5pjjAi2VgY7DRwH_w/photo/AF1QipNQjHoTAwVmyPoIReizemflw2p8CKoGHUW03oIZ?key=ZC1TY1AzbDB5RXV1WWNycEcxbFNjQTRjVHE4M0dB

    ReplyDelete