Saturday, August 29, 2015

Power Seats - Part 2 (Seat Wiring)

My previous post described what needed to be done to get the power seat wiring connected to the body relay block.  This post describes what needed to be done to get the power to the seats.

First, the seats are out of a 2008 Lexus IS350.  I saw on one of the S10 forums how someone else was able to get them to work in an S10.  I liked the idea so I went with it.

I went to techinfo.toyota.com and created an account so that I could look at the wiring diagram and get the part numbers for the connectors I needed.  I didn't want to use barrel connector to wire up the seats.  I wanted to use the factory connectors.

The wiring diagram showed that a single wire provides power to the seats (good news).  It connects to the connector in position 7. 


 The connector was part number 90980-12374.  I have highlighted position 7.  The diagram also indicated that the part number for the terminal was 82998-74050.

The passenger seat used the same connector and terminal.  Below is a shot of the completed harness.

Driver's Side

Passenger side


No comments:

Post a Comment