Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The frame

I got the frame back from the powder coating place yesterday, but it was an ordeal.  I originally took it to an acquaintance of mine at the beginning of March.  He told me it would take two weeks.  I checked with him two weeks later and he said they got behind and it would take two more weeks.  I stopped by after two more weeks (a month total) and he said they had started it but it would need about two more weeks.  At this point I just said that I would just take it as-is and would pay him what I owed him.  It turns out he did not start on it at all (I owed nothing) and the new place I took it to (Edmunds Metalworking) turned out to be extremely professional and gave me an even better price with an actual two week delivery.  Lesson learned.



I installed the leaf springs, rear brake line, and upper control arms.  The rear end is in place, but not installed because I am waiting for the correct u-bolts for the rear end.  The ones that came on it are too long because the original owner put some lowering blocks on it.  It ended up being too low so he removed them, but he had discarded the factory bolts.


The Spohn upper control arms look good.  I just have them lightly attached for now.  I will crank them down once I get the lowers installed as well as the spindles.


The powder coating looks nice along with the gloss black leaf springs.


Another shot of the leaf springs/shackle combo.


No comments:

Post a Comment