Friday, March 27, 2015

Brakes Part Deux

As mentioned in today's earlier entry, Bad Iron came through with the bracket mods and I decided to go back to doing the rear brakes.  The brackets fit nicely now and have no gap.


The Kore3 backing plates and parking brake assemblies are top-notch.  I did have 4 bolts that were not included.  A quick trip to the hardware store resolved that and I completed the assembly of the parking brakes.




I mounted the assemblies on the now well-fitting brackets and went to put the axles in.  The passenger side slid right in.  The driver side went in then stopped about 2 inches from being fully engaged.  I took a dead-blow hammer and persuaded it in, but decided that is not the right approach.  I removed it, then removed the differential.  The axle slid right in to the bare differential.  I then attempted to slide the axle in with no differential in place.  Same issue...about 2 inches from the end and stop.  Bad axle bearing.  It is brand new.  Perhaps an issue with installation or just a bad bearing.  Not sure and not sure if I care.  It has to come out.  *grumble*

The offending axle/bearing


No comments:

Post a Comment