Thursday, February 15, 2018

Feb 2018 - Making progress

Work has been keeping me very busy, but I have been able to make progress.  The cylinder heads have been updated with Inconel exhaust valves, Brian Tooley Racing valve springs, and titanium retainers.  The camshaft is a BTR LS3 supercharger cam (231/248 .618/.596).  While I was at it, I installed ARP head studs...just to be sure.

A problem that I ran into was the power steering reservoir relocation.  The factory location would be right in the way of the throttle body and I needed to come up with a solution.  I went to Bad Iron Machine and used their mill to mill out the top of the accessory bracket and a die grinder to smooth out some of the rough spots.


This enabled me to run the return line through the top of the bracket.  I decided to run steel braided hose throughout for this so I needed to put a fitting on the pump.  The inlet is 5/8" and I was able to find a #10 to 5/8 compression fitting and installed that.

In an earlier post, I showed a very long power steering high pressure line.  It had an unnatural bend in it and it just didn't look right.  I took this opportunity to make it shorter

The bad news is that I forgot that I am running a hydroboost system and the hose will actually be about 2 feet longer and run to the input of the hyrdoboost module.  Another lesson learned.

I have everything mocked up and it appears to fit just right.

Here is a shot of the front of the engine.  I have tons of hose remaining to cut.  Bonus shot of the fuel regulator included.


No comments:

Post a Comment