Sunday, February 25, 2018

Power Steering Reservoir

I worked on the power steering reservoir relocation this week.  I am using a Power Steering Technologies (PST) remote reservoir.  It has a built in filter as well as an auxiliary input for the hydroboost unit.

The problem is the size.  It is 3.5 inches in diameter and 8 inches high.  I didn't have a good place to put it unless I wanted it sticking out of the hood.  I decided to mount it right next to the hydroboost unit.

I went to the local junkyard and picked up a bracket off of a 99 Tahoe that mounts the distribution block to the master cylinder.  I cleaned it up, welded a piece of steel to the end of it, flipped it upside down and backward and it fits perfect.


Another shot of the bracket and reservoir below:

A little trick I learned from my karting friends is a clever way to separate lines.  Take a piece of 1/4" fuel line and run a zip tie through it.  Then loop it around both hoses and zip it.  The fuel line acts as an insulator and the zip tie provides the binding.  No rubbing, no chafing.  A couple of shots of that as well are below:





No comments:

Post a Comment