Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Updates

I took Friday off and spent all day assembling the CR125 engine for my kart.  I was going to do a post about that, but didn't want to clog up the S10 info with karting stuff.  I went karting on Saturday so that left Sunday and Monday for truck work.

I pulled the cab off again.  I figured it would be easier to work on the crossmember and to install the insulator between the trans and the cab.

I had to notch the crossmember in order to get the transmission to sit properly on it.  I just cut a square in it to get it to fit.  Will weld it up later.  I didn't get any pictures of the notch.  Just got busy notching and forgot about photos.

After I got the notch made and the crossmember fitted, I installed the headers.


While I was there, I installed the clutch master cylinder and line. You can also see in this photo the forward (technically middle) location of the shifter.


I also installed the fuel line.


I put the cab back on with new bushings.  I cleaned-up and installed the steering shaft, cowl seal, and windshield wipers.


Cleaned-up and installed the wiring harness for the AC box, blower motor, and wiper motor.


A shot of the shifter insulator.  This provides some heat and noise protection from the shifter hole. Shifter mocked-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment