Monday, May 4, 2015

Undercab

I was able to get the driver's side control arms and brakes bolted-on and now I have a rolling chassis.  I had to reorder the tie rod ends, as the ones that were sent were for a 4WD S10.  I decided that now would be the time to paint the underside of the cab. I rolled the frame out and got to work...




 I had some leftover paint from when the cab was painted, so put the cab on some jackstands and got to work.



These photos are after the base coat and before the clear coat.   






After I was done with the clear coat, I went to raise the cab off the jackstands and, what will henceforth be referred to as "the incident" occurred.  This resulted in damage to the driver's side lower rear portion of the cab.  See below.





I put the cab on the frame temporarily.  Will talk with the painter today to see what needs be done to fix.

Here it is on the frame though...


No comments:

Post a Comment